Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wages

How long will this go on

a lie within a lie, game within the truth

Hassled bundles of emotion

Haggled together to find relief

Friction caused to bind the thief

to the robbed

and the stolen.

Worthless fought with earnest work

to keep somehow something shape or form

Laughter plagues the bedraggled ears

of chaos, Instantaneous; Tears

fight me back with mortal wounds

Over and over I plead guilty

Leave me to my own defects

Pain cannot envelope this grief

So the tragedy remains dry and tasteless

Walked through the days repeat

Back these roads are wry and paceless

Stuck between the greenly pages

These horrors can’t be rendered faceless

Masochistic optimism

draws in the flies like to a prison

Beating in a restless soul

Sell to me a glassless prism

Lit up enough

to light the sky

Free the pond’s delinquent cry

End the race and kill the die

Bird for stone and rock for sky.


31st August 2010

No comments: