Sunday, May 29, 2016

Floating Daughter Away, a farewell to California

This evening on the beach, lying floating on the ocean, just beyond the waves, with the whole blue sky on my nose and the sun's golden warmth drifting somewhere north east of my closed eyelids, as I floated like a drifting maple leaf upon the ocean feeling the whole world tip and swerve against you. I lost direction and was aware of the tingling feeling of being weightless in space, or turning over in bed before the world re-hardens and re-positions itself around you.

The waves jerk you slightly and the horizon dividing place between water and air, is reestablished and still you open, breathing up, out, up, out, arms open wide, legs relaxed, letting go. Weightless is worth it. And talking to you God in the solid silence of the muffling ocean, so that every world reverberates soundly in my own ears, travels across my own head, like talking into my headphones and yet with nothing out there but the sea, the sky, God to record.
Present in that spaceless moment. Across the cold numb but normal sea, past the docks and honking sea-lions, the pier and the ships and mountains and out there is eventually the people of Hawaii, and the land of Japan.

And luckily for some reason, this time I am going the opposite direction= back across the United States, the Atlantic Sea, and to England, Great Britain, over the channel and to Germany. To all sort of new times and adventures. To business to academics. Responsibility.
Off across the cold sea to which my body can adapt so easily. Maybe a little fat is good - to keepafloat, and keep off the shivers.  To innocence as I know I could be taken anywhere.  It is in the hands of the Lord, and spirit of the human pioneer, the glue that keeps it all together. And yet take me away from the warm embrace of my mother who holds me and smiles and cuddles at night and knows exactly when I feel bad. Away.

And maybe a time will come when I will be close to her again because I miss her. I've always hated growing up...for that? But not being able to grow up to be that awesome kid inside at heart, the part that shines.  TXT to MOM: 12:05 am: I love you. They say you're always a kid to your mom. Hopefully I will never be anything else."  www Mom- Yet even still this life is so alone. I will be happy living it- with friends like you. God. And love. And spirit. And soul. There is a long way to swim and float and dive. ~ I am a dreamer.  PS. the Archer talks in his sleep! :) Awwwkay.

No comments: