Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Question

I see your words
and see they are true
but for you.
Question now,
question everything,
question the names
you seem to have given.
For as I never knew
You must again not know
As the elements twist,
We must let go,
lest an Unconditioning
become a Reconditioning

In words I play,
a game I don't know,
and in silence I watch
paintings of my life
projected from the eyes
of people I know.
They don't matter,
any more
than raindrops in the leaves.

Looking forward
to the next story,
leaves your eyes unfocused
At a twisted dimension of space and time,
far away, as a dream
is our vision of the future;
Yet those dreams are not
events of the future,
only happening
in the now.

Looking back
Is seeing the fallen leaves
Of a newly blooming tree,
Is the watching of a film
That is playing in the back of our minds
Our only true hint of the way
Of the present, and what is to come.
And yet, is gone.

P.L.Rao
20th April 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi sweetie,

this is a beautiful line.

"Looking back
Is seeing the fallen leaves
Of a newly blooming tree"

i'm enjoying your poems this morning. : ^)

mama